Coordinator, Health Promotions (FB #1920-127)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Coordinator, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Mountain Pacific Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and evaluating lung health programs throughout Fairbanks and Alaska and for establishing relationships with local businesses, community leaders, and community partners to further American Lung Association work. This is a grant-funded position.
- Work with project director to coordinate and implement assigned public health programs that focus on lung health and air quality
- Build, maintain, and cultivate relationships with community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth in the Fairbanks area, including signature ALA programs
- Work with partners to determine strategies for implementation of program objectives
- Establish relationships with local businesses and community leaders to work towards implementing ALA programs
- Coordinate assigned portions of grant and contract activities
- Develop and effectively manage timelines and plans to ensure completion of assigned projects
- Coordinate marketing programs and services for assigned programs and projects
- Recruit and train volunteers to enhance program outcomes and grant success
- Actively participate in workgroups and committees, contribute to the preparation of grant reports and work plans, and assist with research on lung health policy and education issues as assigned
- Provide outreach, programmatic, and fund development support as assigned for ALA programs in Alaska
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, environmental health, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in public health or related field; grant experience preferred.
- Experience in coalition building and community health development.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to clearly articulate the mission and vision of the ALA.
- Strong project management skills in order to research, develop, and execute specific program deliverables.
- Strategic in developing/maintaining relationships with medical professionals, public health community, and members of the public.
- Computer literate; must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs. when assisting with local events.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.