National Manager, Email Marketing (CHI #1920-75)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a National Manager, Email Marketing to join our incredible team in the National Office. Working as a member of the Marketing & Communications Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for implementing and managing operations of the American Lung Association’s nationwide email marketing program. Be part of the digital transformation of the organization, improving customer experience by transitioning to marketing automation solutions and new technology integrations. Create engaging emails, help configure customer journeys and trigger-based messaging, report on impact of online marketing initiatives and work with Digital team to ensure program growth.
- Team player with positive, can-do attitude who demonstrates expert-level understanding of digital marketing, including: best practices, performance, industry benchmarks and evolving trends.
- Collaborate with staff and outside vendors on the transition to updated marketing technology, including new email marketing system, customer journey configuration and marketing automation.
- Manage email marketing for national and field offices in accordance with digital marketing and constituent engagement strategies.
- Work with various stakeholders to draft, design, code, test and deploy e-communications to nationwide audiences in accordance with CAN-SPAM and related laws.
- Contribute to concept development and execution of online, integrated, and interactive campaigns that cultivate and strengthen relationships with customers and donors.
- Coordinate processes, schedules, campaigns and messaging as they relate to strategic imperatives of the organization and Marketing/Communications efforts of the nationwide organization.
- Collaborate with the Digital team and agency to implement tactics for consumer database growth, donor acquisition and cultivation/retention.
- Analyze and assess effectiveness of online campaigns, email communications, and other fundraising web content by generating performance reports for email and relevant web pages.
- Ensure constituent audience data is systemized and fulfills engagement requirements related to targeting, segmentation and suppression.
- Track audience growth and fluctuations for various interest segments related to customer journeys and interest categories.
- Create and provide assets needed to fulfill digital campaign requirements—such as donation forms, tracking URLs, content approvals, performance updates and metrics.
- Provide suggestions to address complex problems using excellent analytical, diplomatic, creative and problem-solving skills.
- As needed, collaborate in the writing and/or editing of digital materials, including email newsletters, e-solicitations, public policy campaigns and related online content.
- Bachelor's degree in communication, marketing or related degree preferred; advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 3–5 years' related work experience.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current email marketing software, e.g. Luminate Online, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, other current platforms.
- Proven track record with development of email marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability in organizing and creating digital content, applying principles of digital communications and digital channel.
- Excellent written and analytic skills and demonstrated track record of developing creative solutions.
- Enthusiastic and collaborative approach to work, the ability to communicate well, and a willingness to learn and be open to new ideas.
- Action oriented with effective follow up.
- Highly organized with proven ability to work independently and to manage multiple priorities.
- Practical experience in consumer database software.
- Effective list segmentation and audience targeting.
- Skilled with Web technologies, such as HTML and CSS, responsive email design, content management systems and digital advertising platforms.
- Skilled with data and analytics tools and software.
- Proficiency in web and email development tools and MS Office.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.