Development Coordinator (ME #1920-128)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Development Coordinator to join our incredible team in the Northeast Region. Working as a member of the Development Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for working together with the special events team to coordinate annual fundraising events with all aspects related to the execution of these events as well as additional development projects. Responsibilities include achievement of revenue goals through volunteer recruitment, participant coaching, team and relationship building, marketing, and logistics.
- Together with the Director of Development and/or the Development Manager, implement the area development plan through special events and other revenue sources.
- Coordinate planning for fundraising or stewardship events. Recruit, train & supervise event day volunteers. Prepare reports as required. Execute the constituent engagement plan using various electronic systems.
- Work together with members of the events team to meet or exceed annual revenue goals. Participate in the creation, planning and implementation of new and existing projects.
- Coordinate and oversee event logistics: develop and monitor event project timelines and implementation. Negotiate with vendors to achieve favorable prices that ensure adherence to established budget. Prepare and monitor ongoing event progress reports.
- Recruit, coordinate and coach community event team captains and volunteers. Cultivate relationships and effectively engage volunteers. Work with the Development team to increase event participation and revenue. Serve as liaison for customer service and troubleshooting for signature events and internal kickoffs.
- Serve as location lead for the development of event websites and content updates, utilizing ALA best practices, software and guidelines.
- Coordinate the implementation of e-communications, mailings and donor acknowledgments.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications department to create and disseminate special events promotional materials.
- Oversee the utilization of ALA databases and e-commerce platforms, Convio & ROI, serves as special events lead on ROI.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Development Manager, Development Director, or Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field preferred.
- One or two years of fundraising experience preferred with proven experience recruiting and coordinating volunteers.
- Superb organizational and time management skills with an excellent attention to detail and independent follow through in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills with website communication, social media and database systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
- Familiarity with InDesign and Convio helpful.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player with a positive attitude; comfortable working with all levels of staff
- Flexibility to work occasional irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights possible
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.