Intern, Marketing and Communications (#1920-76)
City: St. Paul
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for an Intern, Marketing and Communications to join our incredible team in our St. Paul, MN office. Working alongside members of the Marketing & Communications Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, the intern will assist the American Lung Association’s LUNG FORCE marketing team to execute marketing and communications activities to gain experience in the field.
This is a great opportunity for the intern to enhance their skills in organization, multi-tasking and communications. The intern can expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in or assisting with many of the following activities:
- Gain a basic understanding of the American Lung Association
- Become knowledgeable of mission, development, and communications efforts.
- Gain technical training by utilizing media monitoring platforms, social media platforms and Microsoft Office applications.
- Participate in staff meetings and learning opportunities.
- Assist with general communications support for the American Lung Associations LUNG FORCE initiative to gain exposure to industry.
- Assist in the monitoring and development of social media content.
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing relevant media clips.
- Assist with brainstorming and providing creative ideas to execute LUNG FORCE event activations.
- Gain a basic understanding of social media, constituent management platforms.
- Learn more about Non-Profit structure, including mission, development, and communications efforts.
- Gain technical training by following best practices for marketing and communications materials, constituent management and social media.
- Learn about team building and collaborating with staff.
- Learn how to develop communications for strategic cause campaigns, manage constituents and conduct social media planning/execution.
- Learn to cultivate relationships.
- Learn how to communicate in a professional office setting.
TYPE OF INTERNSHIP
Before the internship begins, documentation from the school may be required stating that this internship opportunity is eligible for academic credits.
This is an unpaid internship position requiring a minimum time commitment of 14 hours per week (flexible schedule) and must be eligible for course credit. This internship will start at the beginning of Summer 2020 Quarter or Semester and will conclude at the end of the academic term.
- Must be working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, Public Relations or related field
- Must be eligible to receive college credit for internship
- Qualified candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, and interested in developing a career in marketing communications, or non-profit management
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, and have a keen interest in the mission of the American Lung Association
- Ability to multitask, perform in a team environment, and a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all unpaid interns and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to (include EXACT title in subject of email):
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.