The American Lung Association press room features resources for media journalists, including the latest news on education, advocacy and research on lung health, information on our experts in lung health or air quality available for interview, media materials and more.
News and Press Releases
Featured Press Release
- American Lung Association: Do Not Use E-Cigarettes
September 10, 2019
Read current news, statements, and updates from the American Lung Association.
Experts Available for Interview
A variety of experts on lung disease, healthy air and tobacco use are available for interview by members of the new media. Browse biographies and photos of American Lung Association experts. (Inquiries on lung health from the general public may be directed to our toll-free Lung HelpLine 1-800-LUNGUSA.)
Patient resources & health information
- Better Breathers Clubs (15 seconds)
- Better Breathers Clubs (30 seconds)
- Asthma Basics (15 seconds)
- Asthma Basics (30 seconds)
- Freedom From Smoking (15 seconds)
- Freedom From Smoking (30 seconds)
- Asthma Awareness Month – May (15 seconds)
- Asthma Awareness Month – May (30 seconds)
- COPD Awareness Month - November (15 seconds)
- COPD Awareness Month - November (30 seconds)
- Lung Cancer Awareness Month – November (15 seconds)
- Lung Cancer Awareness Month – November (30 seconds)
Get involved/Lung Association events
- Lung cancer and lung cancer screening
- Flu season, flu shot, adult & doctor consultation
- Childhood asthma
- Adult asthma
- Doctor and patient consultation
Healthy air, air pollution and clean energy
- Unhealthy air and air pollution
- Healthy and clean air, wind energy
- Particle pollution and lung health (high resolution; low resolution)
- Ozone pollution and lung health (high resolution; low resolution)
- LUNG FORCE Advocacy Day
Description: LUNG FORCE Heroes (lung cancer patients and caregivers) head to Capitol Hill to advocate for cancer research funding and quality and affordable healthcare.
*Footage of LUNG FORCE Heroes sharing their personal connections to lung cancer is available upon request.
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.