LUNG FORCE Advocacy Day 2020
Celebrating Five Years of LUNG FORCE Advocacy Day
Since 2014, The American Lung Association’s LUNG FORCE initiative has been uniting the nation to stand together against lung cancer. More Americans than ever are surviving lung cancer, yet it remains the nation’s #1 cause of cancer deaths.
In March of 2020, the American Lung Association will celebrate the 5th anniversary of LUNG FORCE Advocacy Day and the 10th anniversary of the Affordable Care Act. On Wednesday, March 25, LUNG FORCE Heroes from across America, women and men personally affected by lung cancer, will come together in Washington, D.C. to:
- Ask members of Congress to support $44.7 billion for the National Institutes of Health so there can be better early detection, treatments and cures for lung cancer.
- Ask members of Congress to ensure that current healthcare protections, including those for patients with pre-existing conditions, will continue.
You can support the efforts of our LUNG FORCE Heroes by following four simple steps:
Call Your Senators and Representative
Using our Find Your Legislator tool, find the phone number of your members of Congress and on March 25, 2020, call and tell them that we need them to support research funding at the National Institutes of health and protect healthcare for patients with pre-existing conditions. We have a simple script you can use to guide your conversation and make an impact!
Send an Email to Congress
Tell your senators and representative in Washington, D.C., that we need robust, sustainable and predictable federal funding increases for the National Institutes of Health and why we must protect patients with pre-existing conditions, including lung cancer. We've drafted an email to Congress, all you need to do is fill out your info and send!
Tweet About it
Connect with your senators or representative using suggested tweets below. Please personalize with their Twitter handle (Use our Find Your Legislator tool to find their contact information – click the "+" to expand and access their social media contact information):
- .@[INSERT MEMBER HANDLE] I’m joining @LungAssociation and @LUNGFORCE to ask for $44.7B for @NIH #research funding and to protect patients with pre-existing conditions including #lungcancer [LINK TO LANDING PAGE]
- .@LUNGFORCE is relying on your help @[INSERT MEMBER HANDLE] to support better methods of early detection, treatments and cures for #lungcancer patients [LINK TO LANDING PAGE]
- .@[INSERT MEMBER HANDLE] please act today to protect patients with pre-existing conditions like #lungcancer [LINK TO LANDING PAGE]
Use the LUNG FORCE Facebook Frame
Support our advocacy efforts by using our Advocacy Day Facebook Frame. Use this link to add the frame to your profile!