Tobacco Policy Reports & Resources
The American Lung Association issues reports and maintains websites on various tobacco control issues. Please see below for a list of current and past reports and resources.
- American Lung Association's State of Tobacco Control
Does your state make the grade? View our State of Tobacco Control report interactive website to find out.
- State Legislated Actions on Tobacco Issues (SLATI)
Need detailed information on state tobacco control laws and policies? Check out our State Legislated Actions on Tobacco Issues (SLATI) website.
- State Tobacco Cessation Coverage Policy Project Resources
Get up-to-date information about tobacco cessation coverage in your state, as well as many factsheets, reports and resources on tobacco cessation coverage policy.
- American Lung Association’s BOLD Advocacy Plan to End the Tobacco Epidemic
Read about the 12 key policies that must be implemented to end the tobacco epidemic.
- Smokefree Multi-Unit Housing Online Course and Resources
See Lung Association resources on smokefree multi-unit housing, including our online course to help people start making their homes smokefree.
- Smokefree Multi-Unit Housing Report Summary
See a comprehensive summary of The American Lung Association’s progress on smokefree multi-unit housing.
- Hookah Smoking: A Growing Threat to Public Health Issue Brief
Is hookah smoking as harmless as people think? See what can be done to slow this growing threat to public health.
- Also, check out our 2007 Tobacco Policy Trend Alert on hookah use
- Big Tobacco's Next Frontier: Sustaining Addiction & Hooking Kids with Other Tobacco Products
Tobacco product manufacturers are successfully attracting a whole new generation of replacement tobacco users. Learn how to protect our children from this growing threat.
- Big Tobacco on Campus (September 2008)
- Find out how college students are victimized by aggressive tobacco industry marketing tactics. This Lung Association report also looks at tobacco use and policies on college and university campuses.
- The LGBT Community: A Priority Population for Tobacco Control
Did you know that Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) individuals are more likely to smoke than the general public? Read our issue brief to learn more about the reasons for this increased prevalence and how to fight it.
- Also see our Disparities in Lung Health Series report: Smoking Out a Deadly Threat: Tobacco Use in the LGBT Community
Page Last Updated: January 8, 2020
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.